Since chocolate makes everything better, I decided to give this raspberry vegan cheesecake a chocolate topping. This vegan cheesecake is soy free and gluten free. So creamy and delicious, you could never tell that it was made without dairy!
For the Crust
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 8 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T water
For the Filling
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (I used fresh, but you can probably use frozen as well)
- 3 T lemon juice (or juice of 1 1/2 small lemons)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond milk
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 24 hr
Total time: 34 min
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients. They will form into a loose dough.
- Grease a spring form pan with a little oil.
- Gently press the crust into the pan and set it in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a food processor, combine all the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and set in the fridge overnight to set.
- The next day, melt the chocolate and milk using a double boiler method.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, gently pour it on top of the cheesecake. Please work quickly so the cheesecake doesn’t melt.
- Spread the chocolate on top until there is an even coat.
- Place the whole thing back in the fridge to firm up.
Tips and Tricks
Store this cheesecake in the fridge. It will last for about 7-10 days. Enjoy!